RC drones, mini-drones, helicopter drones, and quadcopters are the toast of the moment but the process of getting a piece of this technology can be time-consuming if you don’t know what to look out for.
In this article, we will review the best Holy Stone mini-drones, quadcopters and predator drones for 2019.
The Holy Stone mini-drones and predator drone mentioned below will be reviewed based on the following factors – speed, size, ability to withstand wind pressure, flight time, flight speed, controllability, battery capacity, and camera quality.
Let’s dive in.
The Holy Stone HS170 mini-drone is designed with 3 different flight speeds. This is perfect for starters who are still trying to get the hang of flying a mini-drone.
First timers would love the Holy Stone HS170 mini-drone for its headless flight system, which orients the drone’s movements on the controller, and not on the drone’s head.
This means it doesn’t matter what direction the Holy Stone HS170 mini-drone is facing, as far as the controller is concerned, the forward stick means forward and the back stick means backward.
The HS170 can do really cool 360 degree flips simply by holding down the right stick on the controller. This, I am certain, will be a children’s favorite as far as the drone’s features are concerned.
This drone has beautiful multi-colored LED lights that distinguish the front of the drone from the back of the drone at night. Nice!
The package includes 4 additional blades, 1 USB charger, 1 battery & a user manual.
- It has 3 different flight speeds so it’s perfect for beginners who are just learning how to maneuver
- It offers only 6 – 8 minutes of flight time
2. DBPOWER Predator U842RC Quadcopter Drone – For Beginners and Outdoor Use
This mini-drone comes with a 720 pixel HD camera, so you can catch some really cool images in really great picture quality.
The DBPOWER U842RC quadcopter mini-drone comes with Wi-Fi FPV transmission, with a transmission range of 50-60 meters.
It also comes with 2 large capacity batteries that last as long as 18 minutes when fully charged. This offers a lot more flying time when compared to the 6.5 minute flight time other mini-drones offer.
You can get more out of this drone thanks to its battery life capacity.
Several features, such as the headless mode, low power consumption, and out-of-range alarm, make the U842 quadcopter drone a great product for the beginners and lovers of mini-drones. You’ll love it!
This mini-drone weighs approximately 3.35 pounds and has size dimensions of 19.1” x 19.1” x 4.8” inches
- This drone offers longer flight time thanks to it’s 2 powerful batteries that last up to 18 minutes on a full charge
- You might miss a few good shots with the drone camera because there are slight delays in snapping after the picture button is pressed
3. Holy Stone GPS FPV RC Drone HS100 – Quadcopter Drone with Camera
It comes with an advanced GPS system and a high definition camera that lets you capture high-quality ariel footage and images.
It would interest you to know that the Holy Stone HS100 is designed with a brand new “follow me” feature.
This function keeps the drone directly above you and will follow your every move. Amazing.
The battery of this mini-drone is strong enough to give you flight times of as long as 15 minutes, which is way more than so many other mini-drones offers.
For safety and security purposes, the HS100 has added features that will reduce the risk of losing your drone.
I am talking about it’s GPS mode which gives you precise positioning, and its auto-return feature that automatically returns the drone back to you if its battery gets low or there is a loss of signal.
The drone weighs 1.73 pounds and has size do of 19.7” x 19.7” x 6.9” inches.
- It’s hard for the drone to get lost thanks to its advanced GPS system and auto-return feature
- It needs about 3 hours charge time for a battery that lasts only 15 minutes, that’s not good enough
It’s headless mode function totally removes the need for positioning so it’s great for beginners.
It was designed with a return-home function, so when you feel the need, just hit the button and it will navigate it’s way back to you.
If you love stunts and tricks, then you will enjoy this drone, It can do super cool 3D flips that will surely entertain your kids!
It comes with adjustable speed modes, so beginners have nothing to worry about as far as speed control is concerned. Just set to the speed you are comfortable with.
Night flight is also made possible, thanks to it’s LED navigation lights!
- It has a return-home function that calls the drone back at the push of a button
- Its battery doesn’t last long
One great feature this drone has is it’s “one button take-off/landing” command.
All you have to do is press the “one button take-off/landing” button and the drone takes off. Press it one more time and it gently lands. Simple.
Beginners would be glad to hear that this drone has 4-speed adjustments, so feel free to set it at a speed you’re comfortable with.
You can charge the battery without removing it from the drone, it has a built-in USB port that connects the drone to a power source to make charging easy.
- It has 4 adjustable speeds
- This drone isn’t wind resistant
6. Mini Drone DEERC HS177RC Quadcopter – Battle Drone for Kids and Beginners
DEERC takes it to the next level with this drone by introducing an “infrared battle” mode. It can shoot out infrared beams that can strike the opposing drones, and no, the beams won’t damage it.
Your kids can have so much fun with this drone. This is the ultimate battle drone out there.
It comes with the common features you find in other drones, such as headless mode & adjustable speeds. Just to name a few.
- It has an infrared battle function which makes it more entertaining for kids
- Its small size makes it unable to resist wind pressure
7. Holy Stone HS160 RC Quadcopter Foldable Drone – For Beginners and Kids
Holy Stone showed some wonderful creativity with the design of this drone. You can actually fold it! Yeah, you heard me right, you can fold the Holy Stone HS160 drone!
It is light and easy to carry about. Fold it and place it in your pocket with ease, or place it in a small traveling bag if you wish.
It even has a portable carrying case designed for the safe storage of your drone. This mini-drone epitomizes portability.
- It is foldable and easy to carry about
- If you fold the drone and place it in your back pocket you might forget it’s there and sit on it and cause damage
8. Holy Stone HS170G Night Eleven Mini RC Quadcopter Drone – For Beginner and Intermediate
If you are a first timer, then you would love the one key start and landing button feature. Sony press the button and the drone engine will start.
It will safely take off as you push up the throttle stick. To bring it back down, press the button again and it will land softly.
The Holy Stone HS170G can do really cool 3D flips, quite entertaining.
My favorite feature of this mini-drone is its altitude hold function, which utilizes air pressure to keep the drone hovering at the current height.
- No assembly required it is ready to fly as soon as you install the batteries
- It comes with an extra set of propellers
- You may need to take several 10 minutes “cool down” breaks between flights so the parts can last longer, but this interferes too much with the fun
9. Holy Stone HS150 Bolt Bee Mini Racing Quadcopter Drone
Most mini-drones don’t come faster than this. The Holy Stone HS150 drone is a super fast, high-speed racing quadcopter that is designed with 5-speed modes.
Are you a lover of speed? How does a maximum speed of 50km/h (31mp/h) sound?
Well, this mini-drone is designed to reach that speed! It will satisfy your need for adrenaline bursting quickness.
This drone comes with a headless mode function, it’s 3D flips are also awesome, especially when combined with speed.
The HS150 gives you a flight time of between 5 – 7 minutes and it requires about 90 minutes to be fully charged.
Most mini-drones are ideal for learning how to fly, or just taking pictures and videos, but this drone is specifically made for those who just want to fly fast.
- It is a great entertainment tool for those drone pilots who like to race
- It’s not easy for a beginner to operate thanks to its speed
- It doesn’t have a camera, you cannot take pictures or videos
10. Holy Stone HS170C Mini RC Drone – Tough Drone
With this mini-drone, you are guaranteed of high-quality images and videos, thanks to its super sharp 720P HD camera. It’s excellent for filming and capturing your favorite images from an aerial angle.
The good people at Holy Stone were thoughtful enough to include an upgraded 4GB micro SD card in the package, so you’ve got more room to store those pics and flicks.
The HS170C mini-drone features ABS plastic blades & coreless motors. It also has an easy-to-use function that lets you bring the drone to a halt whenever you lose control.
It offers a flight to of 6 – 8 minutes and it takes about 60 minutes to charge.
- You can enjoy great picture quality thanks to its 720P HD camera
- It has many buttons and bells so it may confuse the operator especially if he is a first timer
Talk about a drone that doesn’t use up your space. This drone is foldable and quite flexible. It’s easy to put away when not in use, it fits right into your pockets.
The Holy Stone HS160 has a powerful 720P HD camera that’s excellent for aerial photography. It also has a built-in barometer with attitude hold function for stable flight experience.
It comes with a super cool 3D virtual reality headset. This headset gives you the feeling of a real-life flight, amazing isn’t it?
What’s more, it has 4-speed modes which are great for beginners. This allows them to set flight speeds according to their preferences.
The Holy Stone HS160 foldable mini-drone can be controlled with the use of a smartphone app, it also has beautiful LED lights that help you fly when it’s dark.
- It is portable, you can place the drone in your pocket
- The 3D VR headset gives you a real flight experience
- There is a bonus battery included in the package
- It is not ideal to be flown in windy conditions
Designed and developed as an Advanced Concept Technology Demonstration (ACTD) program, the Mastercraft MQ-1 predator drone has been featured in a good number of training exercises, both in and outside the United States Of America.
Dubbed as a legendary aircraft, the MQ-1 predator drone has been of great and commendable service. It has completed over 600 missions, thanks to it’s tested and trusted intelligence gathering abilities.
Manufactured with the best quality materials, the MQ-1 predator drone was built by expert craftsmen, who rethreaded the original blueprint of the plane to create this drone.
The quality of the MQ-1 predator drone is not in any form of doubt. The fact that the American Air force, Italian Air Force and Pakistani Air Force have all used this drone is nothing but a true testament to its efficiency.
- It has proven over the years to be useful in training exercises. Probably the best-suited drone for training purposes
- The physical structures are not all symmetrical. Maybe because it was handcrafted.
Disclaimer. The views and opinions expressed here are those of the authors. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of IdeasPlusBusiness.com.
Any content provided by our bloggers or authors is of their opinion and is not intended to malign any organization, company, individual, or anyone or anything.
For questions and inquiries on the blog, please send an email to the Editor at ideasplusbusiness[at]gmail[dot]com. You can also follow IdeasPlusBusiness.com on Twitter here and like our page on Facebook here.
This website contains affiliate links to some products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no extra cost to you.
I am Adeyemi Adetilewa, a media consultant, entrepreneur, husband, and father. Founder and Editor-In-Chief of Ideas Plus Business Magazine, online business resources for entrepreneurs. I help brands share unique and impactful stories through the use of public relations, advertising, and online marketing. My work has been featured on the Huffington Post, Thrive Global, Addicted2Success, Hackernoon, The Good Men Project, and other publications.