Launching a website is not as simple a process as it seems. There are fundamental processes to follow before you launch a website today.
While there are currently platforms that allow you to create websites thanks to a visual interface, it may not be ideal for certain specific businesses.
In many cases, many businesses will have to resort to a design agency and request the creation of a website. But before even thinking about the design, there are certain steps that must be followed.
From the selection of domain name and hosting to certain post-launch actions that will serve to ensure that the website does not present any errors. And even marketing actions on social networks to promote the website.
In this article, we list essential tips that you should consider if you intend to launch a website and be part of the process from start to finish.
3 Practical Steps to Follow Before You Launch A Website
Consider that there are several steps that must be taken before you launch a website. Just as the creation and design of a website have an established process, the launch should also have it.
It is true that much of the website creation process involves design decisions and you can be immersed in these issues for weeks without paying much attention to the rest.
But launching a website does not just mean finishing the design and verifying that the site is online. From the beginning, the launch of a website has a procedure that must be followed step by step.
One of the first, for example, would be to secure the domain name. It is a common mistake to think first about the design and then realize that the domain name is already purchased.
Therefore, when deciding to launch a website, a search is made to verify that the domain name is available. If this is not the case, you should think about variations or placing another extension.
There are certain steps and precautions that must be taken into account even before reaching the design phases. Also, after the design, it does not end and in fact, there are phases after the design that you should consider.
Plan carefully from the beginning of the process and keep in mind all the steps you have to take from the moment you make the decision to create a website to the post-launch actions you should take.
1. Create an action plan taking into account the objectives
Creating a detailed plan is not easy, particularly if it is a task that you have not done before, it is convenient to create a roadmap. It is known as a roadmap to an action plan where a sequence of steps to be taken is considered.
For this, the objectives are taken into account and they are worked on based on them to discover what action to take to achieve this objective.
By taking into account the objectives, you will understand the steps you must take to reach them. Once you have established all the tasks to perform, you must order them. In this way, you know which task should be done before others or perhaps in parallel.
2. Establish a timeline with deadlines
Now that you have established what other steps you should take into account for the launch of your website, it is time to set the dates on which each of these tasks must be performed.
Just like the start of any project, it is important to set delivery dates or deadlines to help you maintain a certain pace of work and to become productive on a day-to-day basis throughout the project.
Setting deadlines is helpful whether you work alone or if you have a small team. In this way, each member knows to what date he must present his part or pass it to the person that corresponds according to the previously established schedule.
When you want to design web and mobile apps, ensure that you meet with app development companies.
3. Take certain inconveniences or setbacks into account
In the schedule you have created, you should also consider adding some extra time in certain tasks where there may be setbacks.
If you have had the opportunity to work as a freelancer on a project, then you know how careful you must be when estimating the time of completion of a project.
To avoid giving a bad impression to customers, freelancers add a couple of days to any project. In this way, they are prepared and have some extra time in case an incident occurs that does not allow them to finish within the estimated time.
That is if they consider that they can finish a small project in five days, add one or two more days and tell the client that they will finish it in seven days.
Take the example of freelancers and consider adding some extra time to tasks that can be potentially problematic, such as the design phases. There are certain tasks that will not need this extra time because they are relatively simple, such as domain verification, for example.
Best day to launch a website?
Tuesday is generally considered the best day to launch a website. This is because people are more likely to be online and browse websites on Tuesdays than on other days of the week. Additionally, launching a website on Tuesday gives you the rest of the week to troubleshoot any problems that may arise.
Here are some of the reasons why Tuesday is the best day to launch a website:
- People are more likely to be online on Tuesdays: According to a study by Statista, the average person spends 2 hours and 25 minutes per day on the Internet. This number is higher on Tuesdays than on other days of the week. This is likely because people are starting to get back into the swing of things after the weekend and are looking for things to do online.
- There is less competition on Tuesdays: Many businesses launch their websites on Mondays or Fridays, which means that there is more competition for attention on those days. Tuesday is a less crowded day, which gives your website a better chance of being noticed.
- Launching a website on Tuesday gives you the rest of the week to troubleshoot any problems: If you launch your website on a Friday or Saturday, you may not have time to troubleshoot any problems that may arise before the weekend. This could lead to a bad user experience and could damage your website’s reputation.
- It is a fresh start: Launching your website on a Tuesday gives you a fresh start for the week. You can start promoting your website to your target audience and generating traffic.
Of course, the best day to launch a website will ultimately depend on your specific needs and goals. If you have a specific audience that is more likely to be online on a different day of the week, then you may want to consider launching your website on that day instead.
Here are some other things to keep in mind when choosing a day to launch your website:
- Avoid launching your website on a holiday or weekend. This is because people are less likely to be online these days.
- Avoid launching your website on a day when there is major news or sporting event happening. This is because people will be more focused on the news or event than on your website.
- Promote your website in advance of the launch. This will help to generate interest in your website and will help to drive traffic to it on launch day.
Best time to launch a website?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best time to launch a website will vary depending on your specific goals and target audience. However, there are a few general times that are generally considered to be good for launching a website:
- Tuesdays: According to a study by Statista, people are more likely to be online on Tuesdays than any other day of the week. This is because people are typically fresh and motivated after the weekend, and they are starting to get into the swing of the workweek.
- Mornings: People are typically more likely to be online in the mornings than in the evenings. This is because people are typically getting ready for work or school in the mornings, and they have more free time to browse the internet.
- Weekends: Weekends are a great time to launch a website if you are targeting a consumer audience. People typically have more free time on the weekends, and they are more likely to be online browsing for products or services.
Of course, it is important to consider your specific goals and target audience when choosing a time to launch your website. If you are targeting a business audience, you may want to consider launching your website during the week. If you are targeting a consumer audience, you may want to consider launching your website on the weekend.
No matter what time you choose to launch your website, make sure that you do your research and plan ahead. This will help ensure that your launch is a success.
Launching a website is not only limited to the design phase. There are many tasks that must be done in advance and work that extends until after the launch of the website.
Some companies announce an upcoming launch and create some expectations in social networks, especially if it is a redesign or a new service.
Also, in certain cases, certain marketing actions are usually considered while the design process is in progress. In this way, it already has followers and can attract its target audience.
The actions you take depend a lot on your goals and you can choose to eliminate certain tasks if you do not consider them important to achieve those objectives. When you want to design web and mobile apps, ensure that you meet with app development companies.
Disclaimer. The views and opinions expressed here are those of the authors. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of IdeasPlusBusiness.com. Any content provided by our bloggers or authors is of their opinion and is not intended to malign any organization, company, individual, or anyone or anything.
For questions, inquiries and advert placements on the blog, please send an email to the Editor at ideasplusbusiness[at]gmail[dot]com. You can also follow IdeasPlusBusiness.com on Twitter here and like our page on Facebook here. This website contains affiliate links to some products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no extra cost to you.
Harnil Oza is a CEO of Hyperlink InfoSystem, a mobile app development company based in USA & India having a team of best app developers India who deliver best mobile solutions mainly on Android and iOS platform and also listed as one of the top app development companies by leading research platform. He regularly contributes his knowledge on the leading blogging sites.