Flutter app has been in the world of technology for ages now. This cross-platform app has become a top choice of many flourishing app developers.
Its sturdy and feature-rich mobile UI framework helps develop Android and iOS apps with a single codebase, making it a smart choice for businesses wanting to invest in mobile apps.
Flutter app language is among the best programming. It is being projected that the platform will stay in the technology world for a longer time.
One needs to have complete knowledge and expertise about the best programming languages while considering the mobile app development.
Before moving ahead with the framework’s impact in the next time, there are a few questions that need to be answered so that you can understand its relevance.
Here are some facts about Flutter that you should know. In this blog, you will also learn about the Flutter mobile app cost.
What is the Flutter mobile app?
It is an open-source technology developed by Google that uses a single codebase for native Android and iOS mobile apps. Flutter mobile app is a complete Software Development Kit (SDK), required for app development for both the platforms.
As far as mobile app development goes, amongst the many hybrid (cross-platform) technologies, such as PhoneGap, Sencha, Cordova, Ionic, Xamarin, etc., those in contention presently are React Native and Flutter.
While React Native is around for the last four years, Flutter is a comparatively new technology for mobile app development. Both the technologies run neck-and-neck in google trend comparisons made between Flutter and react native.
Why is Flutter language important?
Flutter is a common name in the best programming languages, and if you want to showcase your best-quality product to the entrepreneurs or your partners, then Flutter is the best choice for you.
Some of the reasons that make this app a standalone are:
- It is easy to develop a mobile application with Flutter because you don’t need to create and maintain two mobile apps for different platforms. It enables you to use one developer to develop your MVP.
- It is versatile – the user won’t be able to differentiate between a native application and a Flutter app.
- It is elegant – you can effortlessly use widgets offered by the app and personalize it as per your choice of UI design for the customers.
- It is free for all
- It is cost-effective and time-saving
Flutter mobile app cost
It is indeed a challenging task to decide the app development cost to create an app like Flutter.
Multiple factors affect the value of the development of an app.
It is one of the most crucial parts involved in deciding the overall mobile app development costs.
The Flutter mobile app cost ranges between $15k and $50k depending upon the intricacy and features.
Some of the factors that affect the Flutter mobile app cost are:
- App design
- App design intricacy
- Choice of single/multiple platforms
- App maintenance
- App update
- App testing
The two frameworks operate differently from each other.
On the other hand, Flutter depends on machine code for better performance. Its speed depends on the device type and Operating System (OS) version, though it runs faster than the native Android app.
While developers face difficulties in React Native hybrid application architecture, but Flutter is more straightforward in its architectural concept, which ultimately gives more stability to the apps.
Flutter mobile app requires no-double coding, giving app developers a chance to rework the code.
And within this rework, developers can see and implement the necessary changes immediately. It improves the overall productivity of developers to a greater extent.
Hybrid technology is better suited for Fetch and display data app, marketing campaigns, and events, and conferences.
How Flutter is different
Few advanced features offered by Google SDK are mentioned herein below for a more comprehensive understanding of the advantages it carries over other hybrid technologies:
- Flutter enables cross-platform app development for the developers for both Android and iOS with a single codebase.
- The Flutter framework is quite flexible and enables customized app interfaces with vibrant themes
- The Graphics Programming Unit (GPU) is said to be the soul of a system, and Flutter provides an efficient and portable GPU and User Interface (UI) for cross-platform operations.
- Hot Reload includes access to a broad range of widgets and to work in a dynamic interface.
- Flutter enables easier visualization of web content in the app, as also more straightforward navigation.
- Flutter allows accessing a wider local and global audience through the localization of apps in this SDK.
- Flutter also enables the identification of bugs for the developers to rectify these glitches in time.
- Flutter is also an ideal mobile app for the start-ups through its native Advanced RISC Machines (ARM) code.
- Flutter operates on cross-platform due to its designs and widgets, making it easier for Android and iOS app development.
- Flutter is equipped with Hot Reload, which allows the removal of malware and the inclusion of new features in the app.
- Flutter is beyond compare in performance with incredible speed without buffering during scroll.
- The single codebase allows faster testing in cross-platforms for the developers while writing automatic tests.
- Flutter ensures easier customization in design and development processes as also lesser efforts and better results for the developers to come up with exceptional app designs.
- Flutter is capable of adapting to running on both the new and the older versions of the two platforms owing to its single User Interface (UI), which saves costs on updating older devices.
- Flutter is cost-effective due to its Minimum Viable Product (MVP) approach, enabling the economic development of an app.
Flutter, by Google, is now among the preferred framework choices among mobile app developers due to its incredible features and benefits, such as supporting the integration of native codebase.
Then, there is a continuous update of the SDK framework, which shall enable it to be adopted in 2020 and beyond.
Moreover, Flutter is exploring the possibility of this SDK beyond mobile apps and foraying into making it compatible with desktop, enabling developers to create apps for Windows, etc., shortly.
Another effort being made is in the field of embedded technology by embedding IoT technology with the Flutter platform.
Future of Flutter
It would be wrong to say or conclude that the future of the Flutter mobile app is ultra-bright. It has become an ideal app for many app developers.
Its primary focus is to enable developers to create breathtaking native apps that work on Android and iOS platforms with the help of a single codebase.
Development in Flutter is faster than native apps, and the performance of apps is as superior as that of those apps developed natively.
Flutter balances every pixel of the screen, so developers can be sure that their screen widgets will look similar on every device (even on the older devices), fundamentally removing the potential device support woes.
In turn, it enables the developers to develop bespoke user interfaces that look similar on multiple platforms.
To sum up
Flutter mobile app development technology adoption is going to play a significant role in apps development in the present and future by the companies and start-ups.
The convenient and economical features make it amongst the first choice with various entities for business growth.
Disclaimer. The views and opinions expressed here are those of the authors. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of IdeasPlusBusiness.com. Any content provided by our bloggers or authors is of their opinion and is not intended to malign any organization, company, individual, or anyone or anything.
For questions, inquiries and advert placements on the blog, please send an email to the Editor at ideasplusbusiness[at]gmail[dot]com. You can also follow IdeasPlusBusiness.com on Twitter here and like our page on Facebook here. This website contains affiliate links to some products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no extra cost to you.
Ittika Duggal is a professional content writer at Mobileappdiary. She has been efficiently working in this field for more than four years. Ittika is passionate about creating informative content for mobile app development and other technology-related write-ups. She loves to indulge herself in developing and researching new ideas for content creation.